Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday! Saturday! It's Saturday!

My husband came home singing that song by Elton John. It's an appropriate title for my post...since it IS Saturday. We have plans to do something fun today. It is our last weekend before the kids go back to school. We had NO football game today either. WOO HOO! That will quickly change. So what are we doing? We're not sure yet. Maybe heading to the Caverns or doing some rock climbing. Really...I'm not kidding. Then we plan to go out for dinner. THAT is the most exciting thing for me. I won't have to cook. Give me a double WOO HOO!

I did get to spend some time stamping this morning while everyone slept. It's my favorite time of the day. Sooo quiet and peaceful. I just love it. I am definitely a morning person. Last night I fell asleep while the kids were watching a movie. This morning I asked my son's friend if he was a morning person. I told him I definitely was and that's why I kept falling asleep last night during the movie. My son yells, "Hey! You said you were just resting your eyes!" Oops...BUSTED:)

I do have a card to share after all that chit chat. I did make another boy baby card. This one isn't as cute as my little bib overalls one. Still, I think this giraffe image is adorable.

I watercolored him and then added Crystal Effects to his spots. I used a sketch from Paper Craft Planet's Sketch Challenge. I like their sketches each week. Nothing to difficult about them so, I don't usually have a hard time whipping something up. I need quick, easy things lately. Time has not been on my side as of late. For those of you who do not know this about me, I STINK at Time Management. It's always one of my self improvement goals. I have many:)

I hope you have a fabulous weekend. Check back in tomorrow for a Stamptacular Sunday Challenge card. Speaking of school starting...my project tomorrow has the word Recess in it. Nope, it's not that kind. Guess you'll have to check back to see what I'm talking about:)

See YA!

What's In It?
Stamps: Bundle of Joy (SU), Hampton Art Baby
Ink: Memento Black, More Mustard, So Saffron
paper: Citrus Pack DCWV, Tango Tangerine, White, So Saffron
Other: Stars Sizzix die cut, cuttelbug, buttons, embroidery floss, white twill, dimensionals, Janome Sew Mini, crystal effects, distress tool

No comments: