Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Love U A Latte

Still working on my family cards in which to enclose pictures. I used a sketch from Paper Craft Planet. It was meant to be very simple. I didn't do that. Are you getting sick of red yet. I seem to be on a kick. I broke out some SU textured designer paper and I'm having fun with it. I promise I'll switch to a different color combo here soon.

The sketch was supposed to be simple, but I really got going on the embellishments. I used some liquid applique for the cream and added glitter to it. I think that is hard to see. I also used some Making Memories heart epoxy stickers that I picked up after Valentine's Day last year. I added a small one onto the coffee cup heart that was already there. The "U" is a thicker sticker that I colored. I need to get more of those I think. They are much easier to use quickly than chipboard. This card has a lot of dimension to it. I popped almost everything up with dimensionals and also stamped the cup twice to create even more dimension.

I rounded the top corners. My punch always leaves the edges a little rough. Here's my simple TIP: Use a file or sanding block to smooth any rough edges.

I have to tell you the cutest thing that happened to me yesterday.

I went into the bathroom to help a little guy and found him sitting there "reading" my Creating Keepsakes magazine. SOOO adorable:) It makes me chuckle just thinking of it.

Hope you have a great day. We are off to the Orthodontist. Kid #1 is done for the moment...now on to Kid #2. As my husband would say, "Do you hear that swooshing sound? It's the funds being SUCKED right out of my account (insert sound effect here)."

Have a goodie!

What's In It?
Stamps: Sweet Chocolate (MCS), Short and Sweet, Polka Dot background (SU)
Ink: Craft Choc Chip, RHR, versamark
Paper: Kraft, RHR, Slumber Party DP
Other: scalloped circle nesties, 1 3/4" circle punch, scalloped edge punch, chocolate ric rac, MM epoxy stickers, clear EP, thickers stickers, liquid applique, dazzling diamonds, dimensionals

3 comments:

kathie said...

Love all the details here! The scalloped edge behind that satin rick-rack is so great. And the foam looks good enough to eat. Also liked the story about the magazine reading! Hope things are going well!

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card! I really love this one! So much detail, dimension and texture!
Cute stories, as well!
Have a great day!!
Dee

Holly Jones said...

Great card. Nice colors.