Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CD Holder

Good Morning. I just have a very quick post this morning to show you a CD holder that I made for my daughter's friend's birthday. She wanted to make her a mix of favorite music. This CD holder is SUPER easy to make and I found the directions on someone's blog. I will get that website and give credit where credit is due. However, it is not readily available at this time. I will update this afternoon. For the CD Holder I stamped onto Wild wasabi (LOVE this color) with a flower from the retired set Little Layers Plus. I then scallop edged punched a piece of Pink Passion and adhered. The shaker flower is made from another retired set that I love called Big Blooms. I stamped with versamark onto Lovely Lilac and covered with heat and stick powder. After heating I dumped the new fine Cosmo glitter in purple all over it. Then I was sparkly for the rest of the day:D. I punched the center out with my 1 3/8 circle punch. A piece of acetate is adhered to the back and then a piece of foam that I cut into a ring using my Coluzzle cutter is ahered on top of that to create the shaker. I used Crystal Effects to glue on the foam. It seems to work the best for me. Micro beads were then poured into the little well once the glue had dried. The saying is from All Year Cheer II I believe and was stamped in Pink passion onto a die cut circle. This was adhered to sandwich those beads in. All this was then adhered to the CD Holder. I used my sizzix letters to cut out the name from lovely lilac and VOILA! I would like to be able to alter this CD Holder to list the songs that are on the CD. Will work on that template and share once it is complete.

Here is a close up of Sparkly Goodness. Shaker cards and glitter just makes people giddy. Especially little girls.

Ok, I'm off. I'm helping with a church project this am and then to work. After work I have to scour the craft stores for ideas. I was asked last night to make a last minute Thanksgiving "crafty thing" for someone. So wish me luck! I do have a card that I made this am to go with this crafty thing. I'll post that tomorrow. Happy Tuesday!

UPDATE: you can click HERE for the website that has the directions for this CD holder.


No comments: