Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday Happy Dance!

Doin' the Friday Happy Dance here...how about you? Probably not so much if you have to work today or if you've come back from SHOPPING? Well, I have to tell ya that I make fun of people shopping on this day. Ok, not really "make fun". More like, I think you're nuts. But, today my hubby came home from work at 9am and guess what was in his back seat? Yup...a NEW TV. So doing a different kind of happy dance. My husband , the one that doesn't like to shop, braved the store this am. Crazy on a whole new level. But we now have TV. The fam is in watching it now with full bellies after our Thanksgiving feast. Yep....life is good here at the Schmaltz home. So, I took a few minutes to post my design for Kristina Werner's Color Challenge. Here is the challenge:

Don't those colors just make you happy too? I love red, but being a redHEAD I can't wear it very much. Still I find it beautiful. So my creation is below










Here is a close up of the embossed star and the sparkly glitter around the edges...





Did you notice that gorgeous ribbon? It is the scrap piece I had leftover from the "crafty thing " I posted yesterday. I get seriously giddy when I use my scraps. I glued a big ol' piece of BLING from my stash of stuff that I bought forever ago. I used Crystal Effects for that because the other glue I bought for jewelry didn't work. Gotta love CE...works for everything I swear. So this is a layer of Vanilla CS on top of a folded 4 1/4X11" piece of Riding Hood Red. It is very hard to see in the photo but I also white embossed snowflakes from the set Scandinavian Season onto the vanilla. (This set is in the Holiday Mini located on the left side of my blog. Check it out.) Then a Cuttlebugged :D piece of RHR was layered onto that. My ribbon is just tied in a knot and adhered around the edges. I stamped the sentiment from a retired set from last year in RHR onto vanilla and layered this onto a piece of vellum. The glitter around the edges was made by tracing the edge with my Martha Stewart glue pen and then Dazzling Diamonds was sprinkled on. So pretty! I used Silver pigment ink and silver EP for the star onto RHR Cardstock and cut out. I then stamped again with the silver and EP onto vellum and cut out the little flower shape. I colored the back in with a blender pen and white craft ink. The center is another little bling piece that was in my stash. I popped this image up with dimensionals and then popped the entire star with dimensionals as well. Oh yeah, used dimensionals to layer this piece onto the card. Yes, I LOVE my dimensionals. I always have extra on hand because I ran out once. Card production stopped due to this major catastrophe. It was a sad week or so before I got them back. Ok, well I think that's it. I need to get this posted and up for viewing by Kristina herself. Also, my family is waiting for me....they love me:D Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Diane said...

What a very lovely and elegant card really enjoyed looking at it

Anonymous said...

The cards this week are extraordinary look at your beauty! WOW!!!!! by the way I would love to walk down that path on your blogheader! ~Donna

Leonie said...

Your card makes me happy just looking at it, its so pretty, great job!

Meda said...

I love your card. very thing is so well set ion place!

kathie said...

wow! that red looks great with all the silver. those would be great holiday cards except for the fact that you'd need to start in june!