Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful Thanksgiving Day. Ours is not the traditional Thanksgiving. My husband is working today so our feast will take place tomorrow. You learn when your husband is a fireman that the true meaning of a holiday is spending it together and that it doesn't necessarily matter what the actual "date" of the holiday may be. So, our Thanksgiving will take place tomorrow. Today my kids and I are enjoying a day in PJs and watching TV and CRAFTING! How fabulous is that! This post was suppose to happen yesterday but we spent almost the entire day in town shopping. Our TV is dying a long, slow, painful death. So we went TV shopping. We also saw BOLT. This is a great movie. Go see it even if you don't have kids. You are sure to laugh. But after a long day of price comparison as well as research and help from the sales people what did we come home with....NADA, NOTHING, ZIPPO! That is only because EVERYTHING we wanted was not in stock and who knows when it will be back in stock. What we found out is that some stores will "Sell" you a TV and say it will be in on this certain date and then after much delay and rescheduling they will ultimately not be able to get it themselves and you will have no TV. So, we would rather wait until we can take a TV home with us. The search continues:D but NOT on BLACK FRIDAY....(shutter at the thought). Speaking of the dreaded day. We left Best Buy last night at around 6:30pm and there was already someone camped out,literally, with a tent, cot and sleeping bag on the sidewalk by the door. This is on a Tuesday mind you. Seriously, what can be THAT great of a deal to go through the torture. Personally, I don't get it. Not even for stamps would I do that. Ok, enough babble. My project to show you today is the "crafty thing" and card I made. The person really seemed to like it. I got the supplies from HL at 90% off. How COOL is that!





The card is for the splitcoast color challenge this week. The colors are Really Rust, Going Gray and Very Vanilla. I ran the gray through my cuttlebug for texture. The vanilla scallops are punched with my scallop edge punch and then pierced. I used my new Nestabilities for the oval and scalloped oval. That image is from a retired set called Garden Sillouettes. It is colored with the Really Rust and Going Gray markers, misted with water and stamped on watercolor paper. I then covered the oval with versamark and UTEE and heat embossed. The ribbon is something I tried to lightly dye and then dry with my heat gun. It dried kind of strange. Not sure I like it. This sketch is the MONDAY MOJO SKETCH over at Poetic Artistry.

Well, I'm off to do a million things. We are setting up our Christmas village tonight and I need to make sure things are dusted and in order before we create this huge "mess". It is my kid's favorite thing to do besides decorate the tree. My husband doesn't care to do the village so it is a perfect thing to do without him today. I hope you all have a wonderful time doing what ever it is you are doing today. May you be thankful for each and every little thing EACH day brings!
Warm wishes and blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! Love the scallop edges on the card - really adds something special to it.