Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sometimes You Have to Cheat


Ok, so I'm cheating....but I really didn't have time to make a new card for today. This is one I made about a month ago. I am getting ready for my class tomorrow evening so all my new projects are under wraps til afterwards. Then I will have a lot to share. Things have just been a bit hairy around here this week. To all you single moms out there....YOU ARE SOOOO FABULOUS. Seriously, I don't know how you do it!? I have been spending every evening helping my kids with homework and trying to make everyone feel like they are getting equal attention. I end up going to bed with the kids . I'm so tired. Plus that time change gets me every year. Takes me a few weeks to realize that I should not be going to bed at 8pm.
Sunday morning I had an AHHHH! moment. I had just dropped the kids off at Sunday School and was heading home when the flakes started to fall....then a Christmas song came on. It just made me warm and cozy inside. I'm from Michigan and the first snowfall gets me every time. But I have to be honest and say that I don't like when they start playing Christmas music at the beginning of November. To me that is just too early yet. (Don't even get me started on Christmas decorations at the stores in JULY!) I LOVE Thanksgiving and it seems every year that Christmas overshadows it more and more. I love Christmas too! But I love what it's REALLY about. So my tree will be up and my village assembled and my spirits high with the warmth of Christmas in my heart ...on the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Ok, stepping down from my soapbox now and moving onto the card.

The colors used in this card are Ruby Red, Baja Breeze and Choc Chip. The image is from Embrace Life and is stamped on Naturals cardstock in Choc Chip Craft ink and then embossed with Clear EP. I colored the image in using my Ruby Red marker. It is cut out with my Coluzzle cutter and faux stitched. I also distressed the edges with the distressing tool. I added texture to the baja breeze base by stamping with the Canvas background stamp with the same color. Two pieces of torn Choc Chip cardstock are mounted on top of each other after one was embossed using my cuttlebug. Next I stamped the sentiment onto Ruby Red and punched out using my large oval punch and paper pierced. It is mounted onto the card with dimensionals.

Well, I'm off to work soon. Hope you have a blessed day!

No comments: