Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, November 8, 2008

CHALLENGES , A FUNNY STORY and the much delayed QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Happy Saturday! I LOVE the weekends. I know everybody does. But weekends here are days to completely relax. We are not your typical family, in that we aren't always "on the go". We very much enjoy just hanging out at home. So, besides a few errrands this am- THAT is exactly what we are doing today. My daughter is reading(her favorite past time) and my son is playing video games. This is a weekend only activity so he's very happy to do just that.

Yesterday, however, we headed in to see the newly released Madagascar 2 movie. My rating on this is "just ok" BTW. The best part of it is the music. You just have to MOVE when you hear those songs. Anyway, onto the brief, funny story.

I had spent the entire day with my husband running errands and picking on each other. He is always so much better at it than me. The picking that is. So we are sitting at the theatre waiting for the movie to start. My daughter is sitting between us while my son has decided to sit in the row in front of us. Yes, he is only 7 and already, apparently, embarrassed by us. SO, we are watching some of the commercials (yes, they now have commercials at the theatre) I hear my husband saying somewhat loudly "HEY! HEY!" When I look up at him he has this GINORMOUS piece of popcorn stuck to the right side of his mouth. I'm thinking "Ha Ha....Very funny weirdo" when he starts to talk about how he will never do a "comb-over" and I suddenly realize he has NO idea that this huge chunk of popcorn is stuck to his face. I just busted out laughing as he is going on about just shaving his head when he goes bald. It may be one of those things that you had to be there. But, I swear it is crackin' me up as I type it.


So I guess we will move onto the cards. This card is for the sketch challenge given by Splitcoast. I made a 4 1/4 inch square card so my interpretation is a little different on the actual sketch.

Stamps: Seaside Sketches(retired)
Ink:Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, NQNavy, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, versamark
Paper:Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Watercolor, Urban Garden Designer Paper
Other:Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Filigree brads, Rhinestone brads, distressing tool, Aqua painter, glue dots, dimensionals, black embossing powder




This next one is for the Splitcoast Limited Supplies Challenge. We had to use a rectangle and circle on the layout and use ribbon only as our embellishment. I have never done this challenge before so I'm not sure if my corner punch is considered an extra embellishment. But it is glued now so there's no turning back. Plus it is too darn cute to remove.

Stamps: Big On Christmas, Season of Joy
Ink: Always Artichoke, real red, close to cocoa, more mustard, mellow moss, real red craft ink
Paper: Christmas DP retired SU, Mellow Moss, Real Red, Watercolor, Always Artichoke
Other: Clear embossing Powder, gold cord (center of poinsettia), red gingham, mat pack/paper piercer, aqua painter, 1 3/4" circle punch




Now onto the last card for the day! This is today's challenge. We were to pick something from a website called Boden and you can click on the name for my inspiration choice. I paired this with a sketch by Jen Del Muro. This card is probably a record for me. I decided to make it for my son's birthday...which is in APRIL. It is the earliest I have ever made a card for someone. Now...don't be tooo critical on the "8". I didn't have anything to make one other than a circle cutter and punches. I know it is a bit wonky but he'll think it is great. Now I just have to remember that I made this FIVE months from now LOL. So onto the details:










Stamps:
Weathered, All Year Cheer II
Ink:Close to Cocoa, Choc, Chip
Paper: Bashful Blue, Choc. Chip, Tango Tang., Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Other:Circle Cutter and 1 3/8" circle Punch, Star Punch, 1" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercer, distressing tool


NOW, I realize that I did not post a QOW. But I honestly COULD NOT think of a good question. And by today I have like 4. So, I am going to ask one and TRY to remember the others for the following weeks.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK
DO YOU LIKE WHEN I LIST THE RECIPE FOR A CARD OR EXPLAIN HOW I DID IT AS I GO ALONG IN THE POST?
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE leave a comment!

Ok, so we covered a lot today...making fun of my cute hubby, creating, showing my raw, emotional, desperate ,pleading side as I BEG for interaction,( in case you missed it from the above Bold letters I am asking for a comment or two) etc...

I am taking Sunday off. I'm beat...all this has wore me out. Not to mention that darn time change. GESH! So, I
hope you have a very relaxing Saturday. The holiday hussle and bussle is just around the bend you know.

1 comment:

kathie said...

i really like the new layout! also, yes, the explanations of the cards/projects are great!