Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, November 13, 2008

WORK IT GIRL WEDNESDAY ...a day late:)

So sorry that I ran out of time yesterday and could not post my WIGW card. Yesterday was just "one of those days". I ended the evening by falling down in my driveway. I was like "What a day I'm having" and thinking "what the heck- am I like 80 or something?!". No offense if you are 80 and reading this. It's just that I'm not old enough to start falling down and breaking a hip. I'm fine though this am and I'm sure it will be a much better day. Well, except for the fact that I have some serious cleaning to do. That is never fun. But onto my card. This inspiration piece was on the Better Homes and Garden's Website. I love this kitchen. It looks so inviting and cozy....like someplace I might actually COOK! I can't imagine sitting on barstools for dinner every night though. Hmmm.....On second thought....maybe a barstool someplace else would be kinda fun. Kidding!

I love the leaves on this card. I used a retired set from last year called Autumn Fest. The ink I used is a variety of retired SU chalk ink. I love that stuff. It is great for blending colors and gives such a soft look. It's simple to use. Here I just inked up the image and then brushed the edges with a contrasting color. The white arched paper was a scrap of DCWV textured that I had laying around. I ran that through my cuttlebug. Ihave to be honest and say I'm not such a big fan of this paper. After working with SU for so long I don't like how fragile the DCWV is. Parts of the paper actually broke a bit after running it through my cuttlebug. Ok, moving on, the background is So Saffron and is stamped using the grass from Inspired by Nature with versamark. The sentiment is from Heartfelt Thanks and the inside of the card says "thanks". I did use my Close to cocoa and Creamy Caramel craft ink on the little nut. All this is mounted on a 4 1/4" X 11" folded whisper white cardstock.

I wanted to tell you what my son said yesterday. He is so funny some days. We were driving into town (this means the bigger city by us) and my son says " Mom, I don't think I will ever get my license." I assured him that he would someday. His reply was "No, driving looks really hard." I told him that he was always really great at driving his little motorized car around even when he was 4 so he would have no problem. His response to me was " Yeah but you have to STAY on the ROAD!" It made me chuckle. I said " YES, that is always the goal! It IS most helpful when you do that"

I have to throw in one picture of my kids for family. They are all so far away so it helps to keep everyone feeling like they are watching our everyday lives. So here are the kids in our second batch of leaves.
Hope you have a rockin' Thursday!

No comments: