Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, January 26, 2009

Dirty Bird


My title is a bit strange I know. I really like this card except for that bird...he looks, well, dirty. I'm not very happy with "him". But I needed to get this card done and posted this morning. This is for the Viva La Verve Friday Challenge. You can check out the sketch here. I hope you can play along. The hardest part in making a card for me is the layout. So, I love when it is already made up for me.

This card uses Basic Gray for the base. I used the Urban Garden designer paper from SU. The sentiment is stamped on White in Basic Gray ink and is from Stampendous. I used the ticket corner punch and then layered this onto a piece of basic gray. Each corner is dotted with half pearls from HL. The flowers are from Joann's. I used the set Always for the stamped bird and flowers. I stamped the bird in versamark first and then in Baja Breeze and clear embossed it. I then rubbed basic gray over the top. I used my white gel pen to highlight areas. This is adhered with dimensionals. The scalloped rectangle was made with my scalloped edge punch. I stamped the flower in Baja Breeze and then sponged the edges with basic gray. I used the Gray Taffetta ribbon underneath on tied a separate bow on the side that is adhered with glue dots.

I'm sorry that my post today is rushed. I have a very busy day. Have lots to get done in before the big snow storm hits. Woohoo! LOVE THE SNOW! My mom is not so happy. She is not much of a winter person. We'll just keep her tucked inside:)

Have a great day! Don't forget to check out the sketch for MOJO MONDAY. You can click on the left of my blog for details. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play tomorrow. Don't you hate when regular life gets in the way of stamping? Geesh! Just kidding!

No comments: