Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Warm Thoughts

Anything with the word "warm" sounds good here:) It's pretty cold out! While it's been snowing, we have yet to get any "real" snow. Do I sound disappointed? I am. I REALLY miss snow. I think if it's going to be cold then it should at least look pretty, you know?! I'll keep hoping. Today we are supposed to get a few inches. Well see?! In the meantime, here is a card I made for my WIGW creation.

I decided to use this last scrap piece of paper from Out and About. It is really beautiful all by itself. I cut it just a bit smaller than my card base of Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the "grass" from Inspired By Nature in Kiwi Kiss onto SU textured White cardstock. I then stamped over that with Choc Chip Craft ink and clear embossed. The sentiment is from Stampendous. The flower is from The Paper Studio and I used a half pearl from my Pretties Kit for the center. I also used the hat pin and beads from the Pretties for added interest behind the flower. I sandwiched the pin between two dimensionals to hold the beads in place and then place the flower overtop of the pin. I used some old fibers that SU used to sell for the top of my pin. I still think it "needs something" on the left side.

My next card is for the Our Creative Corner challenge. I combined it with the MOJO MONDAY sketch. For the OCC challenge we were to use 2 different blues and one neutral. I have to say that this card looks WAY better in real life than the picture. I just couldn't get a good picture for some reason.
The base of my card is Bashful Blue. I then ran a piece of Kraft cardstock through my cuttlebug for the textured background. I'm not sure who makes that blue strip. It is double sided DP. This side has looks somewhat like fabric. I used these metal faux buttons from Making Memories. I then decided that I didn't want the bottom part to be embossed so I added a strip of the Kraft paper on top of itself and used some SU rubons for my sentiment. The flower is a die cut SU packet that I ran through my cuttlebug and then sponged along the edges with bashful blue ink. The center is a flower from All Through the Year that was stamped using Sahara Sand ink onto Kraft cardstock. I tried my hand at the Build a Brad. Admittedly, I didn't go such a great job. I coated the sticky part with fine cosmo glitter and then couldn't find my Crystal Effects to adhere the metal part. So, I ended up using Bead glue which I think had a chemical reaction to the glitter and turned it a different color. So, there's a lesson for you. Of course, shortly after finishing the card I found my crystal effects:( Isn't that always the way it goes.

Today, I'm going to share just a few family photos of our Christmas. My side of the family is a bit crazy, but in a really fun way. Every year we play a game with dice. When you get doubles you pick a gift and open it. Once everyone has a gift we set a timer and when you get doubles you can steal other people's gifts until the timer goes off. Then you are stuck with what is in your hand. Sometimes the gifts are really good and sometimes the gifts are really BAD. Sometimes the gifts are from the previous year even:) This year I decorated a paint can and put in a Rudolph blinking nose and some Authentic Reindeer Poop (Whoopers). My gift wasn't so good this year. Here are a few pictures of some of our fun. BTW, my daughter took all these pictures. So some are a bit blurry but she really does a pretty good job. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized I trusted her to my REALLY expensive camera on a cement floored room(eek!).


My cousin and her boyfriend were the lucky recipients of my gift. But she ended up getting what she really wanted in the end. I don't think my uncle, however, got what he wanted. It was the gift they brought to try and get rid of from before. We are not above "regifting":)

And we are definitely not above fighting for what we want either:) How much trouble do you think you can get in for strangling "Santa Claus":) ? I ended up with the gift in the end...Irish Creme Liqueur. See I told you some of the gifts were REALLY GOOD!

Thanks for sharing in my family ramblings. Hope you stay warm today.

No comments: