Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, January 24, 2009

HELLO!

I apologize for being MIA this week. I was sick earlier in the week and then got picked for jury duty. I ALWAYS get picked. In reality though, jury duty is kind of fun. So don't balk if you get called for it. It's a very interesting process. I actually felt really good when I was done. We ruled in favor of the Plaintiff and I ended up running into him on the street afterwards. He gave me a big hug:) Basically, he will be getting the medical treatment he should have been getting for the last 2 years. That makes me feel really good. Now getting back to stamping. I haven't been able to stamp much at all this week. I did want to try and participate in Kristina's Color Inspiration. I feel like I can't stop for even a week. I have like this record going! I can't break it! So here is the Inspiration:

Here is my take:Very quickly I will give the recipe. We have a ball game to get to this morning. I used Basic Black and tied a ribbon from HL around it. The bow is adhered with ZOTS. A strip of So Saffron is backed with a scalloped strip in White. The green dotted DP is from Making Memories. This is stamped with a Michaels dollor stamp in Versafine Black and the hearts are colored with a red pigment ink marker. I wish I had black embossed it to make it pop a bit more. The hearts are from Verve's set A Hundred Hearts. It is stamped with versamark onto Real Red and then Clear embossed. I cut them out and then decided to add a dimensional to the right top portion of the heart only. This is all then mounted onto a card base of white.

That's all for me today. Sorry it is so quick. I am working on a SIMPLE SUNDAY card. It's not going well:( I will try to post tomorrow. Enjoy your day. It is beautiful here. Tiny snowflakes are floating through the air and the sun is shining. SOOO pretty!

EDITED TO NOTE: I TOTALLY MISSED THE DEADLINE THIS WEEK. BUMMER!

1 comment:

kathie said...

great card...like the colors this time. glad to see you're back. sounds like you've had quite the week. hope to see you soon!