I am so happy that I have had the last 2 afternoons to stamp! I think I may get to stamp a bit today even. But then my "run" will end. We have a busy end to our week. My postings may be more spread out til next week again. So let's get this show on the road, huh? I have been participating in quite a few challenges. I've never been lucky at winning anything, but I'm giving it my all as I try to win some free stamps. My first card is for TCP Challenge. You can get all the details on Jen Del Muro's blog
This card is relatively simple to make; provided you are not ME! I learned a few things along the way. First, the scalloped square punch does NOT coordinate with the only two square punches I have...the large, which I assume to be 1 3/8" and the 1 1/4". So after punching out 4 of both sizes in celery and white, I had to trim them by about a 1/4". I then stamped the letters from Alphabet Appeal in Rose Romance Craft ink. I mounted this layer onto a turquoise scrap DP from SEI that was punched with the scalloped square. This was layered on Rose Romance and then on a piece of Cert. Celery that I punched along the bottom with my corner rounder to create the larger scallop appearance. The turquoise ribbon is from American Crafts, I think. If you look closely at the white base you will see that I scored all around the edge to created an embossed panel of sorts. I then stamped only part of a sentiment from Short and Sweet in Rose Romance. The second thing I learned is that my dots from All in a Row are mounted crooked. This was, of course, the last thing I stamped. No way of correcting that. Each dot was seperately colored with Tempt Turq. and Cert. Celery markers. There you have it!
Well, it is WIGW as well. My inspiration for this next card is from a thank you that my daughter got for Christmas. I recycled again...so proud of myself.
The recycled piece is that fabulous red with the white polka dots. That's all the card was on the front....nothing to cover or anything. A perfect "blank canvas". The only thing is that the measurements were a bit off. So after layering a piece of black cardstock behind it, I adhered it to my white base along the top and then used my scalloped edge punch at the bottom to take away a bit of the blank white space and add some interest. I layered 3 different ribbons and just tied in a knot. These were adhered with glue dots. The bugs are a stamp from Stampabilites that I picked up at HL. I stamped them with black stazon and colored using watercolor pencils first and then markers over the top. This gives a richer color I think and prevents the lines you can get when coloring with SU markers. The wings are highlighted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I then used an extremely OLD template for the cut out heart. Yes, I had to actually trace and cut it out. No cuttlebug here:) I added the black dots with a marker and the chipboard letters are from Lil' Davis. They are velvety!
Both my cards today are pretty "lovey dovey". I've never been one for sending out Valentines, but since I didn't do so well with my Christmas cards I'm going to try to rectify myself with this holiday:) I need to do a different post for my last card. Stay tuned:)