Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Simple Card Sunday

I just have a very quick post today. My hopes are to challenge myself each week to a "simple" card. That's very hard for me. My first card to show is not something I'm particularly happy with, but I am forcing myself NOT to add more elements to it:) I really wanted to emboss, add ribbon and brads. But restraint is good. So here it is. I will just give a basic recipe at the end.Stamps: Hundred Hearts, Hearts Afire, Sweet Valentine (by Verve)
Paper: Pacific Point, Off white textured, Green Galore
, Vanilla
Ink: Real Red, Pacific Point

Other: paper piercing, dimensionals, versamarker

My next card is for the Viva La Verve Friday Challenge. It is definitely NOT simple. But I LOVE it!Here is a picture of the inside as well. I used my Bella Rose Designer paper and Chocolate Chip as my base. We needed to have some pink on this card for a "twist" to the sketch. I used Pink Pirouette and I love that Polka dotted paper. I am in love with polka dots at the moment:) I used Sweet Valentine and embossed the double hearts with Choc. Chip craft ink and clear EP onto watercolor paper. I will show you how I cut the out into circles at a later post. Riding Hood Red is the ink on the inside using the technique from my last tutorial. I stamped an extra set of hearts and put it on top of the center hearts for a bit of dimension. Not sure if you can tell in the picture. The heart brads are from Making Memories. The scallop on the side was made with my corner rounder. The Chocolate Satin ribbon is from Walmart. The hugs sentiment is also embossed in the same manner as the hearts. It is a stamp from Hero Arts. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. The hearts on the inside at the bottom are from the Verve set called Hearts Afire. I really am loving my Verve Stamps!

1 comment:

Mary said...

LOVE your first card!
BTW, I just read your profile and wanted to mention that I live in Grove City! What a small world!