Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Post Part Deux

That means Part Two for those who don't speak French. Here is my second post for today. It is taking me FOREVER to post today. I have been interrupted twice by the phone. One was a college recruiter....no explanation needed now huh!? So my second card today is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. It is also the card I sent today to be included in Jen Del Muro's HUGE blog tart giveaway. I actually made two of these. The one I sent is blank inside.I love this card! I am really happy that I have been using so many "old" things from my stash. The base is So Saffron and is layered with a strip of Vanilla that was cuttlebug embossed. Then some retired SU designer paper for the bottom. I used a strip of pearl trim that I have had FOREVER....like 9 years...seriously. I then used my oval nesties for the focal point. I stamped the flowers from Happy Harmony in So Saffron and Old Olive. The sentiment is by Stampendous and is stamped with Choc Chip Craft ink. The flowers on either side are from The Paper Studio and then centers are some old pearl brads. I stamped the inside too. See.... Now, I have one more card to show for today. This is for the OCC Challenge. They provided a sketch and this is my take on it....

I just love that little bunny. He is from Verve Stamps and I paper pieced his little shirt. It is actually the reverse side of the DP done the center of the card. I'll just give a basic recipe since it is pretty simple.
Stamps: Verve Sombunny loves you, All in a Row ( hard to see along the sides)
Ink: Versamark, Purely Pomegranite, Bashful Blue
Paper: DP from Su, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Other: Simply Scrappin Kit SU, Making Memories Ribbon

That's it for me today. I really think that since I have wasted most of my day already I will just go stamp in the basement:) There's not much I could finish before dinner anyways, right? Tee hee. I hope to get back into my regular routine by next week and back to regular posting and blog maintenance. Hope you have a fabulous Thursday!



1 comment:

kathie said...

great cards! good for you for getting creative during the snow days. we are very ready for school to get back to business!