I just have a very quick post for today. I really love Julee Tilman's blog (check my sidebar). She does a sketch every Monday and has recently moved this Mojo Monday Sketch to it's own blog. This week she is doing a giveaway for some of her stamps. She owns Verve Visual. She is releasing 6 new sets on Friday. I can't wait to see them. I would LOVE to win some of her stamps. She is having a huge challenge celebration over on Splitcoast at this thread This company will most definitely be my first non SU stamp set purchase:) I really like their images and sentiments...being the sentiment-al gal that I am. ( that was such a lame joke). So anyways check out her blog and all the links. This card I am about to show actually covers two challenges. I used the verve challenge colors and the mojo monday sketch. My inspiration was Julee's sample found on the last link.
Here's my take:
I used for my base Blush Blossom cardstock that was layered on a slightly larger piece of Riding Hood Red. The blush was run through my cuttlebug. I actually embossed the reverse side of the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then sponged the edges with the same color ink. Next I cut out a piece of watercolor paper using my SU large scallop circle die cut. I pierced each scallop and sponged the edges with Sahara Sand Ink. I used a small piece of hardware on the top left and adhered with glue dots a bow made of RHR taffeta. I ran the strip of RHR cardstock through my cuttlebug and sponged the edges. This is layered over a strip of Kraft that is distressed at the top and then punched with the scallop edge punch on the bottom. It was also stamped with the branch from Embrace Life in Sahara Sand. I used watercolor paper for inside the oval metal tag and stamped from the set Sweet and Simple in Black. I used half pearls from the Pretties kit and used a clear craft glue to adhere them. The flowers in the center are embossed with Black EP onto watercolor paper and watercolored with markers and my aqua painter. More details on that later. They were then cut out and mounted. I did use some dimensionals under one flower to add...well....dimension:)
Wow, that was a lot of info for a "quick" post.