Good Morning and Congratulations if you managed to get up at 6AM for the start of this Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
If this is your first time visiting my blog....Welcome! I hope you like what you see and stop back often.
Priscilla has come up with some wonderful challenges over the next several months. I hope you can join in today and each week for a creative jump start. The challenge for today is to make something for a "New Beginning." This can be a variety of things. I chose to make a baby frame. I know several people right now who are pregnant. I hope this is a gift they can cherish for awhile.
This started out as a simple frame that I found on clearance for $2 at Hobby Lobby.
It's cute, but it had some scratches and was missing the ribbon. So I simply modge podged on some designer paper to start. Here are a few tips I learned along the way.
1. Trace the image on the wrong side of the paper and then cut in just inside the trace line.
2. Apply Modge Podge to the paper. This seems to prevent bubbles that can show up more if you apply directly to the frame.
3. Try to smooth out all the air bubbles as gently as possibly immediately after applying the paper.
4. Let the glue dry COMPLETELY before trimming away any excess.
5. Use a fine grit sandpaper or sanding block to smooth out any rough edges.
6. Remember...this is not a quick project. Allow the modge podge to dry overnight. Patience, though difficult, is your friend in this case")
I'd like to point out a few details on this project.
This is a close up of the bow and the stamping on the corner. I used White Embossing Enamel and versamark for the image. ANOTHER TIP: You should work quickly when stamping on a 3D project like this. Another thing I did was to emboss the image on a scrap of vellum and hold it on the frame in various places. That way I could get a feel for what the image would look like before I actually stamped.
This is a close up of the chipboard piece. My original idea didn't turn out like I wanted so I ended up covering the chipboard with a piece of white cardstock that was embossed with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folders and my cuttlebug. I layered the sentiment panel over it after faux stitching the edges. How did I get that ruffled edge??? The wonderful Jan Tink gave a great tutorial on this technique HERE. She used regular designer paper,but I used a colored vellum that I had in my stash.
Here is a list of supplies that I used:
Stamps: Clear Impressions (oh baby set), Barogue Motifs Ink: Pretty In Pink, Versamark Paper: Bella Rose (SU DP), Whisper White, Pink Vellum (retired SU) Other: White Satin Ribbon, Pink organdy ribbon, Embroidery thread, Buttons (the Paper Studio), White EP, embossing buddy, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, cuttlebug, swiss dots EF, trim, modge podge, fabric glue, sanding block, glue dots, chipboard circle
WOW! That was a long post. Don't worry. They shouldn't all be that long. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other design teams' blogs. You can conveniently find them on the left side of my blog. Just click on their names and it will take you to all their great creations. I hope you can play along with the challenge. Would love to see what you all come up with as well.
Thanks for stopping by today!