Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

NOTE OF LOVE

This is my Work It Girl Wednesday card. Luckily, I had made this up a few weeks ago because mojo and stamping time are non existant right now. I tried to stamp the other day, but NOTHING. I am so busy right now that I don't have the time to just sit and work something out. I am a slow stamper. I like to take my time in my craft room. Everything is rush, rush, rush this week. Today is my daughter's birthday. I was up at 4:30 making cupcakes for her to take to school. Yes, that's cutting it close, but I was gone most of yesterday. I have to say that by the end of April I am pretty sick of cake:) I can't believe I typed that. Now onto my card. I used the Gamsol Magic technique for this card. I liked it so much that I ended up making 2 that are slightly different. Here are both together:

I used some beautiful paper by Daisy D as my inspiration. The card just came together after that. While I used watercolor paper for the Gamsol technique I have found that it isn't necessary. I am really trying to work on my coloring technique. I have a new product that I haven't had time to experiment with yet. I hope I can this week sometime and then share what I have learned. So stay tuned for that. Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!

Basic Recipe:
Stamps: Echoes of Kindness (hostess SU), Lots of Thoughts
Ink:Basic Brown
Paper: Daisy D, Pink Pirouette, Mellow Moss, Water Color
Other: Cuttlebug, Scribbles Swirls Sizzlet (SU), Pearl Brad, ribbon (Joann's), paper piercer, Signo white gel pen, flowers (target dollar spot), Scalloped Circle, 1 1/4, 1 3/8 circle punches, dimensionals, Prismacolor Pencils, Pure Color Pencils, baby oil


4 comments:

Joey said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter Nikki :O) these are such pretty cards, the paper is really beautiful, I love the details you added. Joey.x

Unknown said...

Gorgeously pretty cards Nikki, love the papers and detail.

Joanne x

Debs said...

love both cards they are great, the stitching really sets them off
and the colour scheme is very retro. Love em,
Debs

Carly said...

Very pretty card indeed! Love the soft colors and papers you used. And did you say cupcakes!! Yummy!