Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Simple Card SATURDAY

Good Morning! What a beautiful Easter Weekend we are going to have! Nothing much planned at the Schmaltz Family Home. We will go to church and then have a relaxing day of just being together. Hopefully we can play a little ball so my son can try out his new bat and glove:)

If you remember I have been trying to do a really simple card once a month. I usually do these on Sunday, but SUNDAY is the STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE now. Even though most of you may have plans for tomorrow, I hope that you can "hop" in to see what all the girls on the design team have conjured up for the challenge. No worries if you can't. You have until next Saturday to come up with your own creation and link it to the blog. I hope you join us and play along!

This card uses some of my leftover Sweet Slumber Party DP that I used on my Mojo card this week. This paper is very thick and textured. It's fun to play with. I have to tell you though that the first time I cut it I feel a little nervous. Do you ever get like that when using special paper? Maybe what's so intimidating is that it's called "SPECIALTY Paper?" But I have now used one whole piece. Patting myself on the back:) This is a really simple card given a bit of pop with brads and dimensionals.

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Verve's Jeremiah 29:11
Ink: Soft Sky, Basic Brown,
Paper: Sweet Slumber Party, Vanilla, Soft Sky, DCWV Text. Off White (base)
Other: dimensionals, vintage brads



See ya tomorrow for the challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki~ Your "simple" card is simply gorgeous! Wishes for a great Easter!