Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yeah!!! I Got To Stamp:)

I got to stamp a bit this morning and finish 2 of the 4 cards I need for the Verve Release Party Challenges this coming Friday. So excited! Here is the first one:

This card makes me so happy. Not just because of the cheery colors, but because of the fact that most of this card was comprised of scraps of stuff I had laying on my table. It came together pretty quickly. I altered the sketch a bit....ok, quite a bit:)

Recipe: Stamps: Great Friend Ink: Real Red Paper: Just Dreamy DP, Real Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White Other: Paper Studio Flowers, Kaiser Lush Pearls, Lots of Tags Sizzlet, Leaf Sizzlet, Dimensionals, Buttons, Ric Rac


Next up is a card that looks pretty involved. I guess it is, but it seemed to come together very easily for me. That is usually not the case. I am a slow stamper and it takes me forever to put together an idea. So when it comes together so nicely I like to rejoice in it:) Saying a big old ALLELUIA!


Can you tell I am so excited about this card? LOL. I have another masculine card to add to my very small collection. Nothing girlie about this one at all. If you look closely you will see that I used chipboard for the negative star image in the circle and then took that piece that popped out and used it on my "buckle." Here is a close up:



I painted the small star with acrylic paint that resembles soft sky. The circle wit the negative image was first painted white. When dry I "smooshed" ( yes, the technical term) it in my Vanilla craft ink. I let that dry for just a bit and while still tacky I buffed some distress ink on. When that was completely dry I stamped the sentiment in Choc Chip craft ink....while holding my breath. There is really no way that I can think of to use a stampamajig on a chipboard circle. Luckily my rejoicing paid off because God helped me to stamp that baby pretty much right on target:) ( I know that God is much too busy to aid me in my stamp room but just work with me here ok?) You can look HERE to see how I made that punched medallion that is behind the chipboard circle.



Now onto the details and then out the door for me. It is BEE-U-TEE-FUL here. Need some fresh air:)

Stamps: Starring You, Weathered, Small Sayings, Think Happy Thoughts
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip Craft, Tim Holtz Distress ink, Vanilla Craft
Paper: Choc Chip, Soft Sky, 29th Street Market DP,
Other: SU chipboard, Twill off white is SU and Choc is from Joann's, distress tool, scalloped circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, hodgepodge hardware SU

Thanks for all the comments you have been leaving me. Makes my day! Hope you have a great one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the red card is great...i'm trying to come to grips with red. i envy your red ease. and the masculine birthday card looks really great. love the buckle!

Anonymous said...

Oooooo this card is absolutely fabulous!