Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Apple of My Eye

Happy Monday! I think that it has been forever since I have actually posted on a Monday. I don't usually get to stamp enough during the weekend to have anything to post. I did get to finish up one quick card.

Just a quick update on how things are going for Priscilla's Medical fund.

We are almost half way to my goal. I have a goal of 1,000 dollars. That isn't much when you consider what medical bills are, but I think it is something we can achieve. Keep spreading the word. Everyday donations trickle in. Thank YOU!


This is for the Moxie Fab challenge again.

I did a few things to focus on the gradient of colors. The ribbon at the bottom are pretty obvious. I did that by coloring my celery ribbon with my Copics in 3 different shades. There is also a gradient of using 3 buttons with 2,3,4 button holes. The leaf at the top is colored in a gradient of greens, as well as, the apple being colored in a gradient of reds.


I hope that you can see it a bit better in this picture.

I used 2 stamps from my Unity KOTM for this. I can't believe how many stamps I have inked up from that sheet in less than a week of receiving it. As far as the sentiment, I only used the first 2 words. The inside of the card says " the world a better place."
How true is that for a teacher?

I'm not sure which teacher will get this yet. My daughter really LOVES her language arts teacher. I have had to try and do her hair the same as Mrs. F's and now my daughter wants fake nails because Mrs. F has them too.

Yesterday she and I went shopping while my son was at a bday party. I took her to get a few things at the mall. She needs some new earrings so we stopped at Claire's. As we were leaving she saw some fake press on nails. I told her she had to use her own money for those.

Here's the thing....my Daughter has THE MOST BEAUTIFUL nails. We have had people comment on how beautiful they are...long, strong and gorgeous. Just like my sister's. She started cutting them off over the summer and now she wants FAKE ONES?! Her REAL ones are much prettier than fake. (Heavy sigh) The years of hair pulling, frustration are starting as my little girl is entering prepubescence . I am NOT ready for this. The bright side....at least it's only fake nails and not other fake things if you get my drift.

Hope you have a nicer Monday than it is here. I've been singing, "The sun'll come out TOMORROW...." It's not working:(

Toodles!

What's In It?
Stamps: Unity KOTM Sept, Verve All about You (inside)
Ink: Choc Chip Craft
Other: Choc Chip marker, paper piercer, dimensionals, Copics, Signo gel pen, grosgrain ribbon, buttons (TPS), corner rounder, embroidery thread


5 comments:

Helen F. said...

Ohhhh, love how great all of your 'gradient' elements are on this card!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Nikki! Fake nails - oh dear, your baby's growing up! Jo x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Thanks again for entering the challenge, Nikki! Glad to see you're having so much fun with it! That's what it's all about!

Patti J. said...

Too funny... DD is now 28, but I remember those days! Buckle your seat belt, darlin', your ride is just beginning! Great job on the Moxie Fab project, and so glad to hear that Priscilla's fund is doing so well! Thanks for putting the word out there so we could help!

Mary said...

SO, SO CUTE!