Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Weekend Sketch

Here is a card for Beate's Weekend Sketch 97. Of course I had to turn the sketch again. I didn't mean to, the card just looked better that way. I have started using my glue gun to secure my buttons on my cards now. What a "duh" moment. The ONLY drawback is that once it's down it's down. There is no moving. So that is why my second button is a little "off."

I used some new paper by Cosmo Cricket called EARTH LOVE and I got it from the new store in town called Paper Maniac LLC. Patty, the owner, was wonderful to work with in donating to my blog candy. Make sure you check out the store and the blog. They have a challenge every two weeks and you can win a gift certificate to the store. Woo hoo! Wouldn't take me long to spend that. Anyways, I love this paper. It so soft and soothing. I also used a digital image called Gretal from ATS. I think she is just darling.

I made this card for my daughter. She has just been so cute and funny lately. She is getting way too big. Sunday she decided that she wanted to enjoy the sunshine, but she MUST finish the last Harry Potter book. So she went out and sat on the rock in our front yard. The way she was hunched over reminded me of THE THINKER statue. That is a perfect description of her. She is always thinking, studying, learning, inquiring....etc. She is NOTHING like me:) I didn't get a picture of her in her "pose," but she let me take a picture.


I think she is definitely the "Queen of Cute."

Now in case you didn't know,I am giving aways some HUGE blog candy. You can check that out HERE.

See you tomorrow with a CHALLENGE:)

What's In It?
Stamps: Gretel digital image, Practically Perfect (verve), Bundle of Bouquets (MFT)
Ink: Basic Grey, Brillance Black
Paper: Earth Love, Bareley Banana, Vanilla, White
Other: Scalloped Circle Nesties, CM Circle Cutter, Satin ribbon (Joann's), Button (TPS), stardust stickles, Copics, Scalloped Edge Punch, Dimensionals


1 comment:

Beate said...

Nikki, your card is darling! I LOVE that you turned the sketch.

And your Queen of cute is cute indeed.

Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles