Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Double THANK YOU!

I have 2 cards to share today. First, though, I would like to thank 2 people.

I contacted Ashley Newell yesterday to see if she would be willing to help me spread the word about my blog candy. Without hesitation she wrote up an AMAZING post on her blog. Thank you Ashley! What she mentioned, that I failed to remember, is that even if you CAN'T donate, you CAN help spread the word.

I am happy to say that more donations have come in since her post. YES! THAT is the fabulous thing about blogging. The world seems to "shrink" in a GOOD way. I am amazed at how many people from other countries are donating and spreading the word.

I also would like to thank Michelle from DIGIMENTS. She has offered to ADD to my blog candy. She is offering TWO $15 dollar gift certificates to her online digital sentiments store. How awesome is that! Upon checking out Michelle's blog I found that she is an extremely generous person, as she is also donating to Travelingmama's fund for school children in Morrocco. WHAT a generous SPIRIT. Michelle also has some great "how to" videos for using the digitals. Love that!

I also want to thank ALL the people who have donated so far and for all the wonderful words you have shared with me. I was moved to tears by the comments. What moved me most was one special person who asked me to share her donation with another who was going through a similar situation as Priscilla and couldn't donate at this time. Beautiful Souls...you all have such beautiful souls.

So a double thank you to ALL OF YOU! I would love to be able to thank each and everyone of you personally. However, my next 2 cards will have to do. They are for all of you.

Both of these cards were pretty quick. Right now I have a lot of things I am working on that AREN'T for me personally. So quick cards are what I am thriving on at the moment.


This one was inspired by the little one I babysit. Her PJ's were so darn cute!

I used the Back 2 Basics (The Stamps of Life) set again and paired it with a Jillibean felt flower.
BTW, Stephanie is offering $1 shipping right now. Holy Cow!


This card again uses the Back 2 Basics and my new KOTM from UNITY! I got it in the mail yesterday. Seriously, if you don't participate in the Unity Kit of the Month you should. It is soooo cheap and you get so many amazing, HUGE images and awesome sentiments. I love it because I get things I may not purchase on my own and it helps me to stretch my creativity.

One thing it has not helped me with is SEWING. I can't believe I can't even sew a WONKY line. UGH! Awful! But, you can see what I was TRYING to do, so just work with me, ok?

I paired the circles from Back 2 Basics with the flower in this month's KOTM (which you don't have to purchase each month...no commitment....that's so perfect...just telling you more perks....moving on now:) I also used the colors for the EMBELLISH online magazine publication call. However, I don't think BAD wonky stitching is allowed:(

One more detail.....I used the Technique Challenge on Splitcoast this week for the button.

Before I sign off I just wanted to say Thank You and big HUGS from me to you. Also, I still need more participants for the challenge in honor of Priscilla. There's an extra prize up for grabs there too!

What's In It?
Card 1
Stamps: Back 2 basics, Retro background (PTI)
Ink: Choc Chip, Rose Red, Pixie Pink, Old Olive, choc chip craft
Paper: Vellum cardstock, Dark Chocolate (PTI), white, pixie pink
Other: green twill ( joann's), Binding Egde edger, Jillibean flowers, flower brad, pearls ( recollections), corner rounder, dimensionals, clear EP

Card 2
Stamps: Sept KOTM (Unity), Back 2 basics
Ink: Choc Chip craft, Fresh Snow (PTI), Real Red, Tempt. Turq.
Paper: Kraft, vanilla
Other: Janome Sew Mini, 1/2" circle punch, paper piercer, burlap twine, dimensionals, crystal effects

4 comments:

Patti J. said...

Wow Nikki, your cards are great! As soon as I can, I am ordering that fabulous circle set! I love, love, love the Kraft card. I am a sucker for anything made with Kraft! And girl, I think that what you are calling 'bad wonky sewing' is perfect for 'great Unity stamps'!!! Both of your cards are delightful! Thanks for sharing! OH...mailed my little skater card yesterday!!! Thanks for being so sweet!

Beate said...

Both cards look awesome!
Hugs and smiles

Beate said...

Oh...and i LOVE your wonky sewing. Looks like doodles. I thought you did that on purpose until I read your post. LOL

Gwen said...

Super cute cards!! Wonky stitching looks great to me!!