Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh, Woe Is Me....


....a pumpkin farmer I shall never be. This was the ONLY pumpkin that was produced from the 2 enormous pumpkin plants I grew this year. So I am just going to stick with an easier version of pumpkin making. The paper crafting kind.



The challenge today at STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE is to make something with a tag on it. Anything as long as there is a tag somewhere. I have to say that tags aren't "my thing." I don't know why, but I have a hard time making them. That's why we call it a challenge. I ended up making 2 projects because my original tag didn't work out so well with my original project.


The first is this cute little pumpkin container that I made out of a planter from the dollar spot at Target. It is filled with a super yummy snack. Take one package of Candy Corn and combine in it with one can of Peanuts. Such the perfect blend of sweet and salty.


The second project is a "Witches broom" idea I used a few years ago for a Pumpkin Carving Party. I got the idea from Martha Stewart. You simply cut strips down the paper bag, fill it with some kind of treat, insert a stick and tie it up.

Do you want to know what's in it? Ok, honestly, NOTHING! If it had been closer to Halloween I would have made Butter Toffee Popcorn. This is SOOOO GOOOD!
I'll post the recipe at the bottom of the post.

I wanted to mention that on each tag I used a stamp from UNITY, who has so graciously donated SEVERAL stamps and stamp sets to my Blog Candy for A Cause. You can also get Unity stamps from Paper Maniac LLC.

I hope you can play along this week.

We have the wonderful LINE as our sponsor.

Please make sure you check out all the design team member's blogs and leave them some love. We will be saying goodbye to a few of them as they head towards new ventures. That means that next week you will see a few new faces.

BUTTER TOFFEE POPCORN
1 cup butter (NO substitutions)
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 batches of popped popcorn ( I don't use microwave...I don't think it would work well)
1 jar dry roasted peanuts (optional)

Melt butter, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring mixture to boil; boil hard for 5 minutes without stirring

Remove from heat, add baking soda and vanilla. Stir quickly and pour over popcorn. Mix well. Spread in a roasting pan.

Bake for 1 hour in a 250 degree F oven. Every 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir to mix evenly. When finished remove from oven and spread on an absorbent paper towel to cool.

ENJOY!



What's In It?

Stamps: Fun Faces, Tasty Sweet, Unity KOTM Sept, Unity The Boo Crew
Ink: Versafine Black, Memento Black, Tango Tangerine, Only Orange, Choc chip
Paper: Black, White
Other: Copics, Nesties Labels 5 and 3, various ribbon from hobby lobby, cellophane bag, 1 3/4 circle punch, black buttons (TPS), white inkssentials gel pen



8 comments:

Georgia said...

Love your projects! I can't wait to test the popcorn recipe.

Anonymous said...

This is sooo awesome Nikki ;0)

Thank you for letting me know the package is arrived ...

Hugs, Janneke X

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! These Halloween projects are to die for. And I think your tag is gorgeous. Plus that pumpkin of yours (the real one) is as cute as it gets. I could never grow anything! Thanks for the popcorn recipe. I am defintely going to try this. I am going to really miss working along side of you. It has been so fun to get to know you better. I hope that doesn't stop as I plan to visit you regularly. Big Hugs,
Krisitn

Sprytebyrd said...

Yum! Beautiful projects! That broom is such a great idea!! I'll have to file that away for use again soon!
Hugs, Dee

Patti J. said...

Yum, gotta try that recipe! EEKS, I hate making tags! Like you said, that's why they call it a challenge! I'll give it a shot...if you can do it, I can do it! Lol...have a great Sunday!

Traveling Mama said...

This is adorable and that recipe sounds delicious!

Liza said...

Fabulous projects Nikki and the recipe soundsdelish!

Liza x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Its so pretty! and cute! Thanks for the recipe! Will try it as soon as I get back from Holiday x