Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Stamptacular Sunday!

This week the challenge is a sketch! Don't you just love that? So hop on over to check it out at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog.

It always amazes me how many different takes there can be to the same sketch. Make sure you check out all the design team's creations.

When I saw this sketch I couldn't get the image of a swing out of my head, so that's what I did.


This card really takes me back to my childhood. I used to stay at my "grandma's" house a lot in the summers. I was a totally introverted kid and loved playing by myself on her farm. She had outhouses, a huge garden, porches, an empty chicken coop and tons of fruit trees. I used to swing on a tire that hung from an apple tree. From that same tree we would gather apples and make homemade applesauce. Maybe that's why I love to make applesauce at this time of the year. It's so great to travel back to those wonderful memories. While I'm happy to say that I didn't LOOK like the child in this card ( which I got HERE), every time I see it I am reminded of me. I didn't intend on making this card for me, but that's exactly what I've done. The inside reads "and embrace each one."

A few things to note about this card:

1. Copics are fabulous for color coordinating your buttons or ribbon. I colored my top button to match.

2. My swing was hand drawn.

3. My sentiment banner is raised in the center for a little extra dimension.


I hope you can join us for the challenge this week and I hope you have a chance to visit some old memories!

Make sure you join me tomorrow for my BIG announcement!

What's In It:
Stamps: digital boy and dog, Unity KOTM June
Ink: baroque burgundy. chocolate chip
Paper: sahara sand, vanilla, choc chip, DCWV olive, Jillibean Soup
Other: Copics, twine, dimensionals, buttons, sizzlet leaf

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I saw this on the SSC blog this morning and had to wait for your post to, uh, post so I could comment that This Is So Amazing! Love your swing!!! Love the rope on the swing! Your copics skills are most impressive and I love the colors you used for this card. Fabulous! Also, I love sketches so I will have to create something for the challenge this week!

Dotty Jo said...

This is adorable, great colours and I love that little swing! there must be something in the air a I have been thinking about swings and applesauce (apple puree in the UK) too! I have just bought a Manga girl stamp and I thought I might put her in a swing. Hugs to you, Jo x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card ;0)
Love it!!

Janneke X

Carly said...

This card is amazing!! I just love that swing!!! Fantastic job!

Unknown said...

Nikki,

I love this card.

We were sooooo blessed to have had Grandma Harvey in our lives. I know you have so many wonderful memories of this amazing lady.
Love Momma

Paula said...

I just love this...ok what digi company did you get this little guy from ...such cuteness...great card this week!

Pleasantly,

Paula

Shawne said...

BEAUTIFUL! love what you did with the leaves and swing!