Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hey Friend!


I got to make a very quick card using that fabulous set that you could win HERE! This time I paired it up with another stamp set. I think the Back 2 Basics set is so perfect for using to make backgrounds. This card is for my husband's very good friend back in Michigan. Her birthday is coming up.

I am so excited to use this dotted ribbon that I have seen pop up on so many blogs. It is by Creative Impressions and I found it at my local scrapbook store. I THOUGHT I got such a deal on it....only 30 cents a yard. Yeah! Can you believe it? Too good to be true, right? Well, you ARE right. They sell it by the FOOT not yard. UGH! Still, I loved it so much ( and they had already cut it) that I HAD to get it. Apparently, they are now switching over to selling it by the yard. NOT at 30 cents though:( Bummer.

Ok, I have a gazillion things I am currently working on. I may head down and create one more "dotted wonder" while the baby sleeps. I was so inspired by her outfit this morning that I have to do it. Sorry if you are sick of dots. Just one more...I think,ok?

Hope you have a great Tuesday. Hey! Is anyone else ready for some cooler weather? Don't you just get to that point where you are ready to wear some jeans and a long sleeve shirt? Besides, I'm sick of shaving my legs, ya know? Just a random thought for today.

Don't forget that you can help out a special someone AND have the opportunity to win some BIG blog candy HERE
See you!

What's In It?
Stamps: Back 2 Basics (SOL), Wishing You the Best
Ink: Colorbox Rose, Versamark,
Paper: Text Pink from SOL, White
Other: Clear EP, Glitter, 2 way glue pen, Sharpie marker, dotted pink ribbon (creative impressions, button (TPS), black embroidery floss, swiss dots EF, cuttlebug, scalloped punch, circle punch, Kaiser Pearl, Inkssentials white gel pen

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

the polka dot ribbon is fab!!! so cute!! I am working on my own little make a child smile project giveawaytoo!! I had no idea there was a website like that!! Ilove doing things like that!! so wonderful!! I think og all my hundreds of cards just sitting in boxes going to waste...... im going to try to send one card out a week! anyways you should come hangout with us at http://thescrapbeach.ning.com/

kathie said...

i never could get sick of dots! especially the way you put them all together. great card again!

j,j,andhsmom said...

I love the card Nikki, but my comment is on other things. Oh yes, I am so ready for cooler weather. This humidity is unbelievable, but I refuse to turn on the a/c. And this very morning I had the same thought as I got into the shower about shaving my legs! So don't be surprised if I'm wearing jeans if you see me picking up the kids! Have a great day!

Beate said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs and smiles

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Nikki, you can never have too many dots! Jo x