Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!


I hope you are all having a great weekend. It's pretty uneventful here. My son and I have been creating in the basement today. I made a card for a new challenge blog that I found. Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combos. I am always looking for color combinations. I really liked this one. However there is a new one posted today. I'll have to try something with that one too.

I used one of the stamps from my Unity KOTM. I had to add a little bit of "bling" to my flowers. I know that my stitching is atrocious, but it took me so long to make that little strip that I decided, convinced myself really, that it gave this card the "perfect" handmade touch. Don't you agree? Look, don't tell me if you don't. Just work with me here. That yellow trim was another clearance find at Joann's. My letters are white thickers that were colored with a black sharpie marker.

Here is a detail shot:




Now that I have crafted I think I may have the motivation to clean. Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

What's In It?
Stamps: Unity KOTM and Bevy of Butterflies
Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive
Paper: DCWV olive textured, white,
Other: Yellow trim, pink grosgrain, bling and Taylor' twinkes, janome sew mini, button (TPS), thickers stickers, black sharpie marker, Copics

7 comments:

Amy said...

I think your trims look fantastic!

savvy teaching tips said...

This is a fabulous card!

Sprytebyrd said...

Happy Labor Day to you as well! I love this card! The Thickers look awesome and your trim is perfect!
Hugs, Dee

Beate said...

Dang you made that stamp look fantastic! LOVE your card, crooked stitching and all.
Hugs and smiles

Emily said...

Gorgeous card. So detailed

Emily-SP Diva

thescrapmaster said...

Beautiful card, Nikki!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

~kelly marie~ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the ribbon and the way you place the sentiment's letters is amazing!