Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, September 10, 2009

This Card in NO Way.....

......depicts that I am ready for SNOW! Nope! Not in ONE bit am I ready for it. However, isn't this the cutest card! I love the bright cheery colors and the image from the Digi Stamp Boutique is a must if you love to build snowmen and have snowball fights.

I really do love the snow. It is one of the things that I miss about Michigan. TONS of snow to build snow forts, snow men and snowballs. Plus sledding. We used to live in the country and could just sled down the hill in our backyard. LOVED it! Then follow that up with red noses and cheeks on my little ones combined with us sitting around the table with hot cocoa. THE BEST MEMORIES!

Do you feel this fun and cheery about snow? Here in Ohio the last few years we have gotten "dumped on." It just doesn't stay as long. It's sad, but we haven't gone sledding since we moved here. I hope to change that this year.

I made this card following Splitcoast's Sketch Challenge this week. I got my colors from that super fun paper by Cosmo Cricket. I plan to add a small white pom pom to her hand so it looks like she is throwing a snowball. You have to use your imagination here since I didn't have any little white ones...just green and blue. I also added some glitter to my snow. I am really working on coloring with my copics. So far, it's not going the way I'd like. I think I'm going to sign up for a class...hopefully. X (crossing my fingers).

Gotta finish up. The little one is getting bored.

What's In It?
Stamps: Digi Stamp Boutique, Great Friend
Ink: Rose Red, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly, bermuda bay, barely banana, white
Other: BB ribbon, button, ribbon, copics, prismacolor pencils, baby oil, scalloped edge punch, janome sew mini, cuttlebug EF, sponge, 2 way glue, glitter, corner rounder, oval punch, scalloped oval punch, dimensionals


1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Sweetie, I just love your little card - great colour choice and great colouring! I really must accept that the Festive saeson is on its way and start my Christmas cardmaking sessions, Jo x