Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Mojo Monday on Tuesday:)

I had a great day yesterday working along side my son as he painted and created in the basement with me.

I worked on a Mojo Monday Sketch...


It has been awhile since I've had enough Mojo to participate in the challenge. I am really into black lately. That and using some bling. I used a few of Taylor's Twinkles along the bottom and a big rhinestone brad, inside a filigree brad, attached to a grommet at the top. I also decided to knot my black satin ribbon in 3 areas for a different look. I kind of like it.

What's In It?
Stamps: Serenity (Verve), Unity KOTM
Ink: Basic Gray, Versafine Black
Paper: damask from The Paper Studio, Black, Off White textured, Naturals white Basic Grey Phoebe
Other: Labels 3 nesties, black satin ribbon, filligree and rhinestone brads, MS punch, Taylor's twinkles, sponge


While I did my Mojo thing my little guy worked on an airplane....



I love that my kids like to get crafty. My daughter didn't craft this weekend, but here is one of her latest creations.


She created her own paper doll house complete with a bed (hand sewn), a nightstand with a flower filled vase, tablecloths and a TV.

Here is another closeup.

She doesn't like to stamp with me, but she loves to make things with paper. She is so imaginative. She can make just about anything with tape, paper and scissors.

Hopefully we can get creative again this week. I hope you can too!


5 comments:

Beate said...

Your card looks fantastic! It's stunning!
Your kids projects look wonderful! Isn't it fun to see their creativity bloom.
My boys are out of the age where they want to craft with Mom, but Reba is still there. I love that.

Hugs and smiles

Shawne said...

I love the layering and the black and white looks so sophistacated! Gorgeous brad, I'm glad your kids got to have some creative fun too, mine are usually busy tearing up the house, I certainly wouldn't want to show off what they do while I'm at work! ;)

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wow, that is so cool having your kids craft with you! I love the serenity of your card, thank you for sharing! I came to your blog via Beate's blog! Have a nice day! hugs always!

Traveling Mama said...

Thank you so much for your sweet note! Your card today is gorgeous! I love the black and white! And your kids are just as cute as they can be! Hugs!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE it! Your card is elegant! I love the black and white and I like all of the layers to your card!