Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fuzzy, Wuzzy Was A....

....POLAR Bear.

Fuzzy, Wuzzy had (Flower Soft) Polar White Hair:)

That's my REALLY BAD rhyme for the day. I just got some Polar White Flower Soft to try on some of the winter projects that I have in mind.

My card today uses the Card Patterns Sketch 33.

I know that it's hard to see in this picture, but it is a clear acrylic card.

Here's a side view:



I used several things that I got from Paper Maniac LLC. They have sponsored SEVERAL things in my Blog Candy for a Cause. I think they have a rockin' store. I used some really cool Cosmo Cricket paper called JOLLY by GOLLY. That little polar bear was also one of my purchases from the "dollar" section of the store. (It's no longer there, but they have many other things)

I also made this card to send as part of my challenge to Make a Child Smile. Do you want to play along and win a stamp set? Check out the details HERE.

I have to share the story of making this card because usually nothing in my life every goes very easily. I'm not complaining. It's just a fact of my life and I've learned to try and "roll with it."

So I'm up early this morning making this card. Trying out my new product, Flower Soft, and this new paper. I realize that the colors on this paper are REALLY hard to match with ANYTHING I have. I'm thinking I may try to incorporate some red into it.

After coloring the scarf all one color I decided maybe this is where I'll add the red. Mind you, this is AFTER I have already put the Flower Soft on.

I'm carefully coloring with my red Copic marker when I see that some of the Flower Soft has been SATURATED with red ink. Now I have a card for a sick child that has a BLEEDING Polar Bear on the front. Oh Yeah! THAT'S UPLIFTING:( UGH!!!!!

Fortunately, I was able to pluck the bloody pieces off and salvage the card. Then I decided to add some black dimensional paint that I just got for another craft project. Well, it ended up dripping and so my Polar Bear looked like one of those Mimes with the sad eyes who has been crying. Black eye make up smeared everywhere. Racoon eye-ish if you will.

I was bound and determined that this %$*&@ card was going to be HAPPY darn it! After stamping and redoing that Polar Bear about 6 times, I FINALLY got it right. AND I think he's cute. I hope that it makes Justine, the girl I am sending this to, smile. The inside says "Sending you Polar Bear Hugs."

I should be back tomorrow with another dotted card:D

What's In It?
Stamps: Imaginisce Polor Bear
Ink: Black Memento
Paper: Jolly by Golly, White, snow vellum
Other: Acrylic sheet, scalloped edge punch, dimensionals, prismacolor pencils, Inkssentials white gel pen, paper piercer, glitter, snowflake button, pearls (recollections) Janome Sew mini, ribbon (hobby lobby), crystal effects, Copics


8 comments:

Patti J. said...

How cute!!! I stamped this image myself just a few days ago and posted on my blog. Everyone loved it - did it in teal white and black! Your sweet little gal will just love getting a fuzzy card! You are so thoughtful! Glad I found you!

whoistracy said...

This is so cute Nikki! I love the frosty colors. I haven't used my white flower soft yet but I love the way this looks. Must use mine soon!

Beate said...

Ohhh...that is the cutest card EVER! Love the paper, the scallop, the sewing and of course that darling stamp.
Hugs and smiles

Janet said...

Awww....he's so cute! Love the effect of the flower soft!

Unknown said...

Very. very cute card. You are just soooooo creative.
Love,
Momma

Liza said...

So cute Nikki, love the colours too.

Liza x

Dotty Jo said...

Glad to hear that it's not just me that has stamping mishaps! Your card was worth ALL the effort Nikki as it is beautiful! I am going to work on my card for your challenge later today. Hugs to you sweetie girl, Jo x

Elise said...

I followed every word of your gripping card-making drama: been THERE sista! {Hilarious! Btw!} I'm not laughing AT you! With you, my friend! This was SO well worth the effort and will surely bring a LOT of smiles! Great job with the C/P sketch! You're darling!