Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beautiful You!

I hope you are all having a great week! At the time you read this I am spending some much needed time with my dad. He was the inspiration for this card.

The inside reads ....

" The happiest people
don't always have
the best of everything.
They just make the best
of everything

they have."

My brother sent me a story about a man visiting his wife in the hospital. She had Alzheimer's. This was part of the quote at the end of the story. It has always stuck with me.

My dad is going through something very similar. My dad has never had an easy life. He didn't grow up in the best of situations. He hasn't always had it easy. But he doesn't focus on the negative. He is usually joking and laughing. He always has a story to tell. He doesn't complain much and while he isn't perfect, he is pretty fabulous to me. I am glad that I have him. I have learned many things from him. Some things he meant to teach me and some things I learned from his mistakes.

I know I am probably laughing it up with him right now. Thanks for letting me share!

Stamps: Art of Life, Beautiful Yo
Ink: Versafine Black, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray
Paper: Wild Wasabi, DCWV Text Black, Vanilla
Other: Black Satin Ribbon, Buttons, linen thread, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder, dimensionals, Oval Nesties

No comments: