Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Congrats!

Please check out my post HERE to see how you can Make A Child Smile and win some blog candy:)




It has been ages since I have actually finished a Mojo Monday Challenge card.....on time! Even this one doesn't make me very happy:( I really liked it til I decided to distress the edges. I got a little heavy handed. Do you ever do that? Get a card done and add one more thing.....and then ruin it? I wanted to make another one, but I don't have enough supplies. I know sometimes people rip theirs apart and start over. How do you do that without ruining the stuff is what I want to know. I put so much adhesive onthere is no way the whole thing could be dismantled intact. So, here is what we have. It's still cute though. How can you not love those bunnies from VERVE. This card is for my neighbor. She just had a little girl. I now officially have all the things I need to head over and see her cute little bundle of joy.

I used some free paper by The Digichick called Sugarplum. I also tried my hand at watercoloring again. Still working on that. I was hoping to give this card a bit of a vintage feel.

More details:
Stamps: Practically Perfect
Ink: Brown Memento, Taken with Teal, Pink Pirouette, Rose Romance, Creamy Caramel, Choc Chip, Tim Holtz Distress ink
Paper: Sugarplum, Watercolor, White, Vanilla
Other: Kaiser Mocha Pearls, MM Lace, Sizzlet Swirl, Cuttlebug, Stickles, Aqua painter,Sponge, paper piercer, Button, organdy ribbon, embroidery floss


Make sure you check out the Mojo Sketch this week cause they have some free Verve stamps up for grabs. Good Luck!


2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is adorable, Nikki! And yes, even though I try to wait to glue everything down until I'm completely finished, I still tend to ruin things with one last thing! LOL I use a fabulous product called Un-Du to take apart my cards. It's been my favorite can't-live-without-it product since I first used it about 3 years ago.

kathie said...

really adorable...delightfully shabby! i love the necklace on the little bunny! i'm sure the new mommy will adore it!