Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Card Patterns Sketch 18

Here is my first try at the Card Pattern Sketch this week. Go check out the challenge. You still have until Friday night to submit your own entry. They have some cool Unity Stamps up for grabs. I used a technique for my pleated ribbon that I learned HERE.

A few other things to point out... I stamped my bird twice and layered them. The top one is stamped on vanilla and I added Shimmerz to the breast area. (This was actually leftover from another project:) Also, the bird is mounted on a few layers of Labels 4 nesties. The baja breeze was embossed with an embossing folder and cuttlebug. I lightly sponged the DP too.

Here is the list:
Stamps: Friends 24-7
Ink: Choc Chip, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, white craft
Paper: SU retired paper pack, Urban Garden, kraft, white, baja breeze
Other: Pretties Kit, White Taffeta Ribbon, Shimmerz, Labels 4, cuttlebug, glue dots, dimensionals, Fiskars Punch, small oval punch,

3 comments:

Dora said...

I love your take on the sketch, love that cird, and those colors!
Wonderful!

Dora

whoistracy said...

This is so soft and serene! I love the corrugated kraft, the flower, the little bird. So glad you decided to play along with us!

Fiona Yeoh said...

thanks for playing along with us, i love your card ! great use of the corrugated paper, really like your colour combo & paper toling too :)