Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

When It Rains It Pours

It is pouring here today and I have so many things to share. While I would love to "pour them on," I have decided to share one more thing and then will show the others tomorrow. Don't forget to scroll down to see my post from earlier this morning.

Here is a SUPER quick and easy card I did for Splitcoast's color challenge this week. It's a one layer card using only white for your card base. You can use any other color for your ink though. I have to tell you that I will be making this into a 2 layer card. It's not because I don't like it as it is, it's just that if you look closely you will see the top back edge has some definite shadowing coming from the other side. That's because when I stamped I got some stray ink from my image and it ruined the card front. So I just flipped it over and stamped again. No sense wasting the paper. I will just add a layer of choc chip cardstock to the back to cover my mistake and Voila! No one will ever know the difference. I actually can't wait to do that. I think it will make the card really POP! Off to clean and stamp. Today is my last day of quite freedom. My kids will be home for the summer. While I am super excited, I know that the sound of silence will be a distant memory for about 10 or 11 weeks. Can you say IPOD...hehehe:) Gotta charge that baby up!

Details:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Artfully Asian
Ink: Choc Chip, Groovy Guava
Paper: White
Other: Swiss Dots EF, Cuttlebug, MS glue pen, dazzling diamonds, guava ribbon, EK Success Punch


2 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Nikki, this is gorgeous, the orange is so striking against the white. Joey.x

kathie said...

looks great! nice color. i should be up stamping but.... hope to see you soon!