Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today is....

....my last day to get all of the things on my "To Do" list done before I head to see my dad! Oh, I have soo much to do. 3 cards that MUST be made before I leave is at the top of the list. However, nope, this card isn't one of them. I know, I know, I am AWFUL with time management. I think it will be a late night for me. I just had to participate in the Mojo Monday Sketch. I LOVED it! I did end up having to alter it a bit since my main image was so long.

I got this fabulous paper from a new store my friend Kathie introduced me too. It's THE nicest paper. SUPER thick and double sided....but the best part....HALF OFF:) I also used my new COPICS. Yeah, I took "the plunge" and got some. I did a lot of research and found a very inexpensive site. They don't carry them all and they run out quickly so you have to keep an eye out. The site is www.oozak.com and I was very happy with the service and quick shipping. Copics aren't easy. I have been watching YouTube for tutorials and have practiced only a bit. Still I am happy with how this turned out. I'm sure I will only get better.

I also wanted to point out that I used a Taylors Tiny Twinkle inside my button. Here is a closeup shot. You can get these at Taylor's Store at HALF OFF:)



I also did a bit of faux stitching around the edges. My sentiment has Shimmerz added to the soft sky paper after it was stamped with Fine Lace background stamp. The ribbon has some shimmer to it so I wanted to simulate that same effect on my paper. IRL it matches much better than the picture shows.

The List:
Stamps. FineLace, Friends 24-7, Something to Celebrate
Ink:Memento Rich Memento,
Paper: Whisper White, DCVW salmon, Crate Paper
Other: Copics, Button, Taylor's Tiny Twinkle, dimensionals, Inkssentials gel pen, Zots, paper piercer, distresser, oval punches, shimmerz


Gotta go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Nikki love all the detail.

Enjoy your time away at your dads.

Joanne x