Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Let's Hear It.....

FOR THE BOYS! That is the challenge over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge today. Make a card or project for a special "boy " in your life. I have to be honest and say that I didn't make this card with any special recipient in mind. OOPS! But I just loved this image from Digital Delights by Louby Lou and knew I had to use it. My card was super fun to make. I think I'll have to make another so that I can give this one away:) I almost gave this to my son's friend last night at his birthday party. However, it was a POOL party. The very thought of this getting wet.....ah...shivers. So I picked another card. Geesh! That sounds so selfish.


Here are a few things to note about this card. I used some digital paper called Beware of Boy over at The Digichick. Super fun papers too. My image is colored with prismacolor pencils, as well as, watercolor pencils. I paper pieced the base of the cupcake with some DCWV textured cardstock. My medallion at the top was created using this tutorial HERE. Those stars were from a set called Starring You by SU. I just stamped them in White craft ink, let them dry, then cut them out. They are filled in with stickles. Those wild, whirly things springing out from under the big star are just slivers of scrap paper that I wrapped around a pencil before adhering.

Here are the deets:
Stamps: Digital Birthday Ridley, Starring You, Short and Sweet
Ink: Basic black, White Craft
Paper: Artichoke DCWV, Kraft, Digital Beware of Boy
Other: Stickles, Scallop Circle Punch, Star Punch, dimensionals, ric rac, prismacolor pencils, watercolor pencils, baby oil



Now, don't forget to check out all the other Design Team members' cool projects. And most importantly have fun!

Our Sponsor this week is The Cutting Cafe. Good Luck!

Hope you have a beautiful day! Don't forget to check back with me this week. I've got a fun box to share:)

8 comments:

Joey said...

Fantastic card Nikki, love the colours. Joey.x

Liza said...

Gorgeous Nikki, the image is ever so cute and I love your papers.

Liza x

Rachel Bleich said...

What a CUTE card! I agree with the getting wet factor! Thanks for sharing!

Justine said...

This is super cute

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki~ This card is super cute. I love your little stamped animal... he is so sweet. I really like the addition of the stars and glitter. It turned out perfect!

Anonymous said...

Pretty card Nikki ;0)

Love the stamp you used ....

Janneke X

Carly said...

This is just the cutest!! Love the papers and those colors.

Dawn said...

Beautiful fun card - love that cute image too


Dawn